Selecting the Right Contractor
There are many, many men and women who claim to be floor covering installers. INSTALL contractors employ floor covering pros are trained in a multi-year apprenticeship program provided by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters. These installers advance through this nationally acclaimed program only after achieving mastery of each skill block. Only the most competent flooring contractors are able to work as INSTALL floor layers.
The characteristics of a superior contractor include:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the materials being installed
- The willingness to guarantee his or her work
- The ability to put their services in writing in easy-to-understand language, including terms of payment
- An accurate cost estimate for project
- A realistic time estimate to get the project completed
- Authentic references at least three that relate to the materials of your job (carpet, hardwood, etc.)
- Good business skills phone calls returned, letterhead is used, communication is professional
Installers working for a superior contractor have these traits:
- Professional appearance
- Prompt arrival on the job site
- Good communication skills
- Leaving the jobsite cleaner than they found it
All of these characteristics are present with INSTALL contractors. Dont take a chance with your flooring project.